Sunday, November 29, 2009

The American Analog Set - From Our Living Room To Yours


So you think your pretty laid back eh? Pretty cool? Intellectual maybe? Do you invite your friends over to talk about Koyaanisqatsi or The Cabinet of Dr. Cagligari? Do you actually understand Thomas Pynchon novels*? Did you play drums on this record? What's that? You didn't? Oh, sorry. I thought you were cool.

I looked pretty hard, but I couldn't find anywhere online to tell me who played drums for American Analog Set on this record. I picture him being a cross between Jeff Lebowski and that dude from the Dos Equis commercials. I don't even think I want to know. I mean, you probably think you're pretty cool, but I bet that while you were reading On The Road for the first time, this guy was at a wine tasting sneaking off to get a BJ in the bathroom from some saucy Harvard Law graduate*. I kind of wish we lived in a world where people's musical endeavors were a direct representation of their personality. Maybe Noel Gallagher wouldn't be such an asshole.

*Because I sure don't.
*It is also entirely possible that he was actually in a dank, stuffy basement playing Dungeons and Dragons with his dad.

Audio Visual Evidence : Magnificent Seventies, Don't Wake Me

No comments:

Post a Comment