Thursday, October 22, 2009

HFX Pop Explosion Drummers Pt. 2


Last night was filled with old friends, industry types, free beers and mild hearing loss (I forgot my earplugs). Throughout the night I was able to grab a few more drummers to give me their personal album selections.


Adam Hartling of Halifax's Kestrels (currently #5 on the CBC Radio 3 R3-30 Countdown)

Weezer - Pinkerton


"This is what I want my drums to sound like. All the time. The drums sound so live on the record, and absolutely HUGE."


Shaun Gibson of Winnipeg's Old Folks Home :

Tegan and Sara - The Con


"Jason McGerr (fr. Death Cab For Cutie) is a drumming machine on this record. I think he plays better on this than he does on the Death Cab records."



Sigurður Tómas Guðmundsson from Iceland's Sprengjuhöllin :

Queens Of The Stone Age - Songs For The Deaf


"Just beat the shit out of it."


I like that so far I have been getting all kinds of different perspectives on records by asking around. I've been given everything from extreme metal and noise punk to seventies yuppie rock to Tegan and Sara. You may note that I already reviewed that Queens Of The Stone Age record when I did a five album feature on Dave Grohl here. I could have asked him to give me something else, but instead I kept it just to have some proof that I'm actually right most of the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment