Sunday, April 19, 2009

Bloody Drum Knuckles

This blogs purpose is to mainly focus on albums that despite commercial or critical success, are a genuine display of talent in the field of creative, important, tasteful or all around awesome drumming. I will be posting some of I my own favorites as well and albums submitted by other drummers (mostly ones I know and value their opinions, some from randoms who seem to know what they are talking about).

There is no rules or guidelines as to what you can submit, however please don't bombard me with album after album of Prog Rock virtuosos.

The whole point of Prog Rock is to be skillful at your instrument (which doesn't always involve talent) while I have an appreciation for it, Prog rock has enough people fighting on it's behalf, and I have no interest in getting into THAT whole argument. I'm looking for more of the hidden gems of drumming, the ones that get mulled over because of overambitious guitar player or scandal-laden vocalists.

The ones that drummers talk about when they hang out together, you know, when we can get our ass out of bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment